If you attach multiple pictures, they will be zipped (compressed) into a single file by the AOL service before they are sent out. The recipient of your e-mail will need to unzip the files after downloading them. If the recipient is signed on to the AOL, AIM or CompuServe service, the files will be unzipped automatically after sign off or upon download. If the recipient of your mail uses a different Internet Service Provider (ISP), they may need special software to unzip or decompress the files before viewing or using them.
To attach multiple files to your e-mail:
- In the AOL Write Email window, next to the Attachments: box, click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the folder that contains one of the pictures you want to attach.
- Double-click the picture you want to attach.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for each picture you want to attach.
Address and write your e-mail, ensure the pictures being sent are not open, then click the Send button.
- To detach a picture, place you mouse over the file name, then click the red X box that appears.
- When the attached pictures are sent, by default the pictures will be uploaded to your Pictures Shoebox album. If you do not want your attached pictures to be uploaded, click the Also save pictures to my AOL Pictures Shoebox box to clear it.