If you attach a single picture to your e-mail, it will not be compressed automatically. The recipient will not need any special decompression software to use the file.
To attach a file to your email:
- In the AOL Write Email window, next to Attachments:, click the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file you want to attach.
- Double-click the file you want to attach.
- To detach a picture, place you mouse over the file name, then click the red X that appears.
- When the attached picture is sent, by default, the picture will be uploaded to your Pictures Shoebox album. If you do not want your attached picture to be uploaded, click the Also save pictures to my AOL Pictures Shoebox box to clear it.
- Address and write your e-mail, ensure the file being sent is not open, then click the Send button.