The AOL service includes web access to email. You can send email to other AOL members or Internet email addresses using the AOL Email on the Web service.
You can send email to any valid email address anywhere in the world.
To write an email:
1. Go to http://email.aol.co.uk .
2. In the Screen Name box, type your AOL Screen Name.
3. In the Password box, type your AOL password.
4. Click the Sign On button.
5. Click the Write Email button. The AOL Write Email window will open.
Note: You can discard an email before sending it by closing the AOL Write Email window. If you close the AOL Write Email window, the email is immediately discarded and it cannot be retrieved.
6. In the To: box, type the email address of the person to whom you want to send email. To send the same email to more than one person, type a comma and the email address for each additional recipient. Optionally, in the Cc: or Bcc: boxes, type the email addresses that are to receive a copy of the email.
Note: If you send email to an AOL member, you need only type the member's Screen Name in the To:, Cc:, or Bcc: boxes. If you send to someone using another Internet Service Provider (ISP), you must include the entire email address, including the domain, for example, [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you leave out any portion of the email address, the email will be returned to you as undeliverable.
7. In the Subject: box, type a subject for your email.
8. Type your message in the large message box.
Note: If you enable the Rich Text/HTML Editing feature, the AOL Write Email window allows you to use colour, add formatting, and choose a font for the text. The Rich Text/HTML Editing feature is only available with the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.
9. Attach any files you want to include with the email.
10. Click the Send button.
11. Click the Close button.