Replying to an email allows you to quickly and easily send a message back to the author of the email you received. When you reply to an email, you can change the email addresses it is sent to, change the text in the message or subject fields, and change the attachments included.
Note: When you reply to a message that has attachments, the files attached to the original message are not attached to your reply. If you want your reply to include these attachments, you must add them to your email before you send it.
About Forwarding Email on AOL Email for the Web
Instead of replying to the author of email you receive, you may want to send the email on to another person for information or follow-up. Forwarding an email allows you to share information conveniently and efficiently. When you forward an email, you can send it to multiple recipients, change the text in the message or subject fields, add new text above or below the original message, and change the attachments included.
Note: When you forward a message that has attachments, the files attached to the original message are automatically attached to your forwarded message. If you don't want your forwarded message to include these attachments, you can easily remove them from the email before you send it.
You can send a reply email to one or more email addresses.
To reply to email:
1. Open the email to which you want to reply.
2. If you wish to quote all or part of the message for reference, highlight the text you wish to quote.
3. Click the button for the appropriate option:
- Click the Reply button to compose a reply only to the email sender.
- Click the Reply All button to reply to everyone listed in the From:, To:, and Cc: boxes of the email.
4. If needed, in the To:, Cc:, or Bcc: boxes, enter additional email addresses.
5. Type your reply message in the large message box.
6. Click the Send button.
When you forward an email, all text and attachments from the original email are included automatically. You can add or remove content and attachments in the forwarded email.
Note: You can remove attachments by clicking the [remove] link next to the file name of the attachment.
To forward an email:
1. Open the piece of email you want to forward.
2. Click the Forward button.
3. In the To: box, type the email address of the person to whom you want to send email. To send the same message to more than one recipient type a comma, then type the next email address.
Note: If you send email to an AOL member, you need only type the member's Screen Name in the To: box. If you send to someone using another Internet Service Provider (ISP), you must include the entire email address, including the domain, such as [email@example.com]. If you leave out any portion of the email address, the email will be returned to you as undeliverable.
4. If needed, type your message in the large message box.
5. Click the Send button.