AOL has established the following guidelines for use with the AOL Calendar. These guidelines are in place to help keep the AOL Calendar area safe and friendly for users of all ages.
Share Usage Guidelines
AOL does not permit any AOL Calendar event description, appointment title, or appointment notes that:
- Is sexually explicit/vulgar/obscene in content or language
- Posts, transmits, promotes, distributes or facilitates distribution of content intended to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Hate speech is unacceptable anywhere on the service
- Promotes exploitation of a minor (any person under the age of 18)
- Solicits personal information from a minor (under 18 years old). Personal information includes full name, home address, home telephone number, or other identifying information that would enable "offline" contact
- Infringes anyone's intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary rights
- Defames, abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or oneself
- Depicts violence in a gratuitous manner, without journalistic or artistic merit, primarily intended to agitate or cause emotional distress
- Other content that AOL deems inappropriate
AOL Calendar and its respective functions are not a service designed for events deemed to be life-critical (e.g. medicine-taking) and should be treated as such. AOL Calendar and its respective functions are provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" for your use, without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, unless such warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. AOL provides the AOL Calendar Service on a commercially reasonable basis and does not guarantee that its members will be able to access or use the service at times or locations of their choosing, or that AOL will have adequate capacity for the service as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
Share Usage Guidelines
When sharing an AOL Calendar appointment or event with others, AOL does not allow appointment or event descriptions or the text associated with the appointment or event to be used for:
- Soliciting for the exchange, sale, or purchase of sexually explicit images, and/or material harmful to minors; including but not limited to any photograph, film, video, or picture or computer generated image or picture (actual or simulated)
- Soliciting for the exchange, sale, or purchase of content that infringes anyone's intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary right.
- Soliciting personal or other information from a minor (any person under the age of 18), including, without limitation, any of the following: full name, home address, social security number, email address, telephone number, picture, or the name of their school
- Soliciting a user's password(s) or other private information from a user. Remember: AOL employees will NEVER ask for your password
- Soliciting for advertisers or sponsors
- Posting of sponsorships, ads, and banners
- Multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes
- Raffles or contests
- Adult services, such as phone sex or escort services
- Illegal Activities, including but not limited to illegal drugs and drug-related paraphernalia
- Baby Adoption (Solicitation or Offers)
- Uses AOL deems inappropriate
- By using AOL Calendar, you agree to comply with these guidelines.
- Determination of whether there has been a violation of these guidelines and any resulting action taken are at AOL's sole discretion.
- Violations of these AOL Calendar guidelines may result in actions ranging from a warning, to suspension of access to this feature, to appropriate legal action.
- A violation of these guidelines by AOL members may also be a violation of the AOL Community Guidelines and the Member Agreement, and AOL may take actions consistent with those documents as well.
- AOL reserves the right to make changes to these guidelines at any time and you agree to be bound by any such changed guidelines.
Please check these AOL Calendar guidelines periodically for any changes.