To use the Online Timer:
- Go to http://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk or sign-on to AOL and go to AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
- Click on the screen name for whom you are setting the Online Timer controls.
(Note: If your child does not already have his or her own screen name, set one up first by clicking Create Your Child's Screen Name.)
- Click the Edit Time Online button at the bottom of the controls window.
- Follow the simple steps for the level of flexibility you prefer in setting time limits.
- Click Save.
There are three methods by which you can limit your child's online time.
- Same Limit Daily: you select the same time limit for every day of the week.
- Weekday/Weekend Limits: you select a time limit for weekdays and weekends.
- Custom Daily Limit: you select a different time limit for each day of the week.
Once you have determined which method you prefer, you then select how many hours per day you would like your child to be able to sign on to AOL.