Parental Controls are set for each screen name as it is created. When you create a new screen name at AOL Keyword: Names, you are required to select a Parental Controls category for that screen name. You can change the category or settings within each category at any time when you sign-on to AOL and visit AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
To set Parental Controls for a new screen name that you have not yet created:
- Sign-on to AOL and visit AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
- Click Create Your Child's Screen Name.
- Click CREATE a Screen Name.
- At step three of the create screen name process, select the Parental Controls category (e.g., Kids Only, Young Teen) most appropriate to the user of the screen name you are creating.
- Confirm the settings that are displayed. If you would like to modify the settings within a Parental Controls category further, click Customise Settings.
To set Parental Controls for an existing screen name:
- To access Parental Controls go to http://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk or sign-on to AOL and visit AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
- Click on the screen name whose category settings you want to change.
- Click on the Edit Age Category button.
- Once you have changed the setting click Save.