Yes. You can use AOL Email Controls to allow your child to receive email only from specified email addresses.
Using email controls to specify who can send email to your child:
- Go to http://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk or sign-on to AOL and go to AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
- Click on the screen name for whom you are setting the email controls. (If your child does not already have their own screen name, click Create Your Child's Screen Name to create one.)
- Click the Edit Email Control button.
- Choose either of the following two options:
- Allow email only from People I Know: This option allows the child to specify who they can receive email from (by adding them to their Address Book).
- Use a Custom Sender List: This option allows you to specify who your child can receive email from, further details below.
- Click Save to store your chosen email controls settings. Alternatively, you can click Save & Copy to store your settings and also copy them to another of your screen names.
Using the custom sender list
- Click Use a Custom Sender List.
- Click the Custom Sender List link.
- Choose either of the two options at the top of the Custom Sender List screen, depending on your preference:
- Block all senders and domains listed below is the less restrictive setting. Email will be allowed from all AOL and internet users except those who you specify.
- Allow only the senders and domains listed below is the more restrictive setting. Email will only be allowed from all AOL and internet users you specify.
- Type each email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) or domain (for example, xyz.com) that you wish to block (or allow) into the box provided and click Add.
- Repeat the process for each address or domain you wish to block (or allow).
- When finished, click Save to return to the main email controls screen.
- You may wish to review the above settings from time to time to allow new family members or friends to send email to your child.
- For more advice on how to fight junk email, see Fight spam in six steps.