Chat controls allow you to permit or deny access to AOL chat rooms, where real-time, online conversations with groups of AOL members take place. There are many different categories of chat rooms.
- Conference Rooms: chats in chat rooms set up by AOL.
- AOL Live: a chat room set up by AOL that features celebrity chats.
- Member-created private chat rooms: created by AOL members and not listed anywhere. The only way to join a private member-created chat is to know the exact room name.
- Kids Only monitored chat rooms: found in the AOL Kids channel.
To use chat controls:
- Go to http://parentalcontrols.aol.co.uk or sign on to AOL and visit AOL Keyword: Parental Controls.
- Click on the screen name for whom you are setting the chat controls.
- Click the Edit Chat Control button.
- Select the chat controls of your choice by ticking the appropriate boxes.
- Click Save.