Steps to adjust your firewall access
The following steps will modify your firewall security to allow AOL to work with your firewall software and connect to the AOL service without reducing your security level in respect of other types of software.
If you have any questions about your firewall software, it is strongly recommended that you contact your firewall software supplier for further information.
- Right-click on the Zone Alarm icon in the system tray or if the icon is not present, run the program from the start menu.
- Click on Zone Alarm Control Centre.
- Locate and click on the Firewall button.
- Drop the Internet Settings from high to medium via the slider bar.
- Locate and click on the Program button.
- Locate WAOL.EXE, then right-click on Remove.
- Restart AOL and when Zone Alarm asks to give it access, click Yes.