Steps to adjust your firewall access
The following steps will modify your firewall security to allow AOL to work with your firewall software and connect to the AOL service without reducing your security level in respect of other types of software.
If you have any questions about your firewall software, it is strongly recommended that you contact your firewall software supplier for further information.
- Click on Start, then Programs, then Norton Personal Firewall, then Norton Personal Firewall.
- Click on Personal Firewall, which will display a Configure button on the right.
- Click on the Configure button, which will bring up the main Personal Firewall console.
- Click on the Program Control tab.
- Click on Program Scan to configure all Internet programs. AOL will be in this list after scanning.
- Change the security by highlighting AOL and clicking on the Modify button.