Steps to adjust your firewall access controls
The following steps will modify your firewall security to allow AOL to work with your firewall software and connect to the AOL service without reducing your security level in respect of other types of software.
If you have any questions about your firewall software, it is strongly recommended that you contact your firewall software supplier for further information.
- Double-click on the McAfee® System Tray icon or if the icon is not present, run the program from the Start menu.
- This will bring up the McAfee® Control Panel. Click on the round red icon called Personal Firewall from the side panel.
- Click on New Allowed Application.
- This brings up an Explorer window. Navigate to the AOL executable file - for example it is likely to be found at: C:ProgramfilesAOL8AOL.EXE.
- Double-click on the executable file and it will be added to the Allowed Application list.