Your password is the key to your AOL account. To keep your email and other information secure, follow these rules:
- Never give your password to anyone for any reason, not even to someone claiming to be AOL staff. AOL staff will NEVER ask you for your password online or over the telephone.
- Change your password regularly, and make it difficult to guess (but easy for you to remember). Use our tips to select and remember a secure password. You can change your password any time when you sign on to AOL and go to AOL Keyword: Password.
- Use different passwords for each screen name on your account.
- Memorise your passwords - do not write them down anywhere.
- Get anti-virus software and keep it up-to-date. For more information about viruses and how to get anti-virus protection from AOL, see Anti-Virus protection .
For more about your screen name and password, sign on to AOL and visit AOL Keyword: Screen Name Help.