AOL Pictures includes a number of editing features to help you enhance or alter your images.
To get started, simply follow the instructions below:
- Open the album that contains the picture you would like to edit.
- Click the image you would like to edit, then click the Edit icon. The image editor window will appear.
Note: Image editing capabilites are only available when viewing pictures from albums that you've created. Images from albums found under Pictures I've Received cannot be rotated or edited.
On the left hand side of the image editor window, you will find the following options:
- Auto Enhance: improves the overall look and quality of the image automatically
- Brightness and Contrast: allows you to adjust these image properties
- Red Eye Reduction: reduces the infamous red eye effect commonly seen in snapshots of friends, family members, or associates
- Crop Image: creates a new image that contains only a piece of the original image; this feature is usually used to crop out scenery or other background from the sides, top, or bottom of a picture
- Convert to Grayscale: converts a colour image to a black and white image
- Convert to Sepia tone: converts the image to shades of brown, in many cases resulting in an image that appears to be of antique origin
- Undo: Reverts the image to the state it was in before the previous edit
- Undo All Edits: Reverts the image to the state it was in when the editor window was opened
Additional options appear across the top of the image editor window:
- Zoom: zoom in to examine details of an image more closely or zoom out to see the image as if viewed from further back
- Fit to Window: resizes the image so that it fills the entire window
- Flip Horizontally: flips the image over across its vertical axis
- Flip Vertically: flips the image over across its horizontal axis
- Rotate 270: rotates the image 270 degrees in a clockwise direction
- Rotate 180: rotates the image 180 degress in a clockwise direction
- Rotate 90: rotates the image 90 degrees in a clockwise direction