Our step-by-step escalation process is designed to allow issues to be resolved as soon as possible, and to ensure that ownership and responsibility is taken by frontline agents as close to the source as possible.
If your problem is resolved before it becomes a formal complaint, you can rest assured that valuable feedback is still derived from your experience and is vital to the development of AOL. So you can make a difference even without making a formal complaint!
To ensure that your complaint is resolved, please follow this process. It is useful to keep a record of what representative you spoke to, when you spoke to them and what your perspective of the conversation was.
- Step 1: Member Services
- Call Member Services on 0870 3 20 20 20 to enable an appropriate agent to resolve your issue.
- Step 2: Supervisor
- If the agent is unable to resolve your query to your satisfaction, ask to speak to a supervisor and allow them the opportunity to resolve your issue before you submit a formal complaint. If you remain dissatisfied, then submit a formal complaint.
- Step 3: Formal Complaint
- Submit a formal complaint by post. Our Complaints Management Team, on behalf of the Vice President of Member Services, will receive your complaint. We aim to answer formal complaints within five working days of receipt.
- Step 4: External Resolution
- If you are not happy with the final outcome to your formal complaint, proposed by the Complaints Management team, you will have exhausted our internal complaints procedure and can seek an external resolution by contacting the Internet Service Providers Association, www.ispa.org.uk,
on 0870 0500 710.
- If you are still not happy, you can seek to refer the matter for independent adjudication. Your statutory rights are not affected and you can seek legal advice at your discretion.