Blocked spyware and blocked adware are instances of spyware or adware that have been disabled and will not harm your computer.
To manage the spyware and adware you have blocked:
- On the Windows desktop, double-click the AOL Spyware Protection icon.
Note: If there is no icon present, click the Start button, select Programs or All Programs, select the AOL folder, then click AOL Spyware Protection.
- On the left of the window, click the Blocked Items tab. Here you will be able to see the scan date of each blocked item.
- Choose any of the following actions:
- To see the items blocked on a particular date, click the arrow next to the scan date. This will display the name of each blocked item, a brief description, and the threat level to your computer.
- To delete an item, click the appropriate scan date to highlight it, then click the Delete button. If you receive a confirmation box, click the Continue button.
- To restore an item, click the appropriate scan date to highlight it, then click the Restore button. If you receive a confirmation box, click the Continue button.
- Click the X button in the upper right to close the AOL Spyware Protection window.
Note: AOL Spyware Protection 2.0 restores or deletes all items found from a specific scan date. For example, if you perform a scan today, any items blocked from this day forward would be restored or deleted.