Scheduling full spyware scans can help manage your time. You do not need be in front of your computer to run the application. A full scan runs a comprehensive and exhaustive scan of the entire hard drive, inspecting all files on your PC for known spyware and adware. Depending on the size of your hard drive, afull scan can take approximately 45-60 minutes.
To schedule a full spyware scan with AOL Spyware Protection 2.0:
- Double-click the AOL Spyware Protection desktop icon. If there is no icon present, you can also launch AOL Spyware Protection by clicking the Start button, selecting Programs or All Programs, selecting AOL, then clicking AOL Spyware Protection.
- On the Spyware Protection main page, click the Scan Schedule link.
- Under Schedule a Full Scan, select a time of day from the drop down menus to schedule a scan.
- Click the day of the week check boxes to place a check mark in the day you want to run a scan.
- Click the Save Changes button.