When you first open AOL Browser, AOL.co.uk and your Internet Explorer default homepage open in two tabs as your homepage. Using tabbed browsing, you can tailor your homepage environment to suit your preference.
Open a new tabbed web page
There are two ways to open a new tabbed web page; one is to simply type in the new web address you want to visit in the web address bar, or by following the directions below.
To open a new tabbed web page:
- From the left corner of the tab bar, click the Create New Tab icon.
- In the navigation text box, type the web address (or URL) of the website you want to visit.
- Click the Go button.
Add a tabbed web page to the AOL Browser startup folder
You can make one of the web pages you are viewing load each time you open AOL Browser and be a part of your homepages.
To add a tabbed web page to the start-up folder:
- With the desired tabbed web page open and active, click the Favourites menu, then click Add To Favourites....
- In the Place In: section select Start Up Folder.
- Click the Save button.
Save a tabbed page as your homepage
You can save any tabbed page that is already open as your homepage, and it will load every time AOL Browser is launched.
To save the tabbed pages as your homepage:
- Click the Tools menu, then click Settings.
- In the General tab under the Startup Options section, click the option Open the Web sites in my Startup Folder in separate tabs.
- Click the Save button. Now all your favourite websites saved in the startup folder will load every time AOL Browser starts.
- Click the Home icon to load your custom home page environment.
- If you have a middle mouse button available, use it to click a tabbed page to quickly close the tab.
- Along with using your mouse to select tabs, you can move quickly through your tab pages using your keyboard.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key, then tap the Tab key to move forward or to the right.
- Press and hold the Shift and Ctrl keys, then tap the Tab key to cycle through backwards.